Call for Papers
The 16th ITS Asia-Pacific Regional Conference, November 26-28, 2023, Bangkok, Thailand
Reimagining the Future of the Digital Society
Digital technology innovation has always been the main driving force in transforming our society. The transformation was particularly salient during the COVID-19 pandemic when digital communications were needed more than ever before.
As the world is gradually recovering from the pandemic, it is time to rethink the future of digital society. In particular, in the face of escalating social, economic, and political uncertainties globally, a sustainable digital society with meaningful and affordable connectivity is an important agenda that requires international cooperation, synergies between digital innovations and social goals, and partnerships among multiple stakeholders.
Against this background, the organizer welcomes submissions on the contribution of ICT to the future of digital society from around the world. In particular, submissions that address the following issues are encouraged.
- Data protection and security, such as PDPA, digital platforms, and data breach
- Cyber security and cross-border data flows, telecommunications and national security
- Digital divide/inclusion, universal service
- Digital transformation and digital sustainability
- Digital economics and competition, from merger cases to law and regulations
- ICT economics and policy, such as competition and anti-trust regulation, and geopolitics
- Spectrum management and policy
- Information communications in the post-COVID world, such as telework, digital nomads, and flexible working
- Mis- and dis-formation of different types on different media platforms
- Technological advancements, such as 5G and beyond
- Big data, IoT and AI
- Virtual space, metaverse
- Broadcasting, media convergence, the future of television
- OTT streaming services
- Country case studies, such as applications and challenges of ICT solutions
Submissions addressing any other subject relating to ICT and media are also welcome.
Call for session proposal
The organizer encourages the submission of complete panels consisting of three or more individual papers and a chair. Panel submissions should bring together complementary papers that tackle compelling research questions or subjects of study in ICT markets and policies.
- Online submission open: TBA
- Deadline for abstracts and panel session suggestions: August 25, 2023
- Registration open: September 25, 2023
- Notification of acceptance: September 25, 2023
- Early-bird registration deadline: October 31, 2023
- Online registration deadline: November 19, 2023
(Onsite registration is acceptable.)
- Deadline for final papers: November 1, 2023
- 16th ITS Asia-Pacific Regional Conference in Bangkok, Thailand: November 26-28, 2023
Submission of abstracts
Abstracts should be about 2 pages (800 to 1000 words) in length and contain the following information:
- Title of the contribution
- A clear statement of the research question
- Remarks on methodology adopted in the paper
- Outline of (expected) results
- Bibliographical notes (up to 6 key references used in the paper)
Please submit your abstract in PDF format.
All abstracts will be subject to double-blind peer review.
Submission of full paper